- 4 medium-size fennel bulbs, trimmed and halved lengthwise
- 2 cups chicken broth, homemade or low-sodium canned
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (4 servings)
131 calories; 6 grams fat; 2 grams saturated fat; 2 grams monounsaturated fat; 0 grams polyunsaturated fat; 7 grams carbohydrates; 2 grams dietary fiber; 3 grams sugars; 11 grams protein; 10 milligrams cholesterol; 1022 milligrams sodium
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Place the fennel in a large, shallow baking dish and pour in the chicken broth. Cover the dish with foil and bake until the fennel is very tender, about 2 hours.
- Preheat the broiler. Drain the liquid off of the fennel and place in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat until reduced to a syrup consistency, about 5 minutes. Whisk in the olive oil. Season the fennel with pepper and brush with the broth mixture. Sprinkle with the Parmesan and broil until browned, about 2 minutes. Divide among 4 plates and serve.
2 hours 15 minutes