- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped peeled tart apple
- 1 ½ tablespoons curry powder
- 4 cups peeled diced butternut squash
- 3 cups water or chicken stock
- 1 cup milk
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons toasted unsweetened coconut
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (6 servings)
191 calories; 9 grams fat; 2 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 4 grams monounsaturated fat; 1 gram polyunsaturated fat; 23 grams carbohydrates; 3 grams dietary fiber; 9 grams sugars; 6 grams protein; 8 milligrams cholesterol; 213 milligrams sodium
- Heat the oil in a heavy saucepan. Add the onion and apple and cook until they are tender. Stir in the curry powder.
- Add the squash and water (or chicken stock). Cover and simmer until the squash is tender, about 30 minutes. Puree in one or more batches in a blender.
- Return puree to saucepan and add milk. Season with salt and pepper. Float dollop of yogurt topped with coconut on each serving.