- 6 tablespoons butter
- 3 pounds carrots, diced
- 3 Idaho potatoes, diced
- 2 large onions, diced
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 12 cups chicken stock
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- ½ cup finely chopped parsley
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (12 servings)
268 calories; 9 grams fat; 4 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 2 grams monounsaturated fat; 0 grams polyunsaturated fat; 38 grams carbohydrates; 5 grams dietary fiber; 11 grams sugars; 9 grams protein; 22 milligrams cholesterol; 430 milligrams sodium
- In a large heavy kettle heat 4 tablespoons butter and gently fry the carrots, potatoes and onions for 15 minutes, covered, stirring occasionally.
- Add the sugar, stock, salt and pepper. Simmer gently until the vegetables are soft. Puree in a blender, but not too fine. Correct seasoning.
- Just before you are ready to serve, stir in the remaining two tablespoons butter and the parsley.
- Serve the soup in warm bowls.