- ¼ cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon instant powdered coffee
- 3 ounces sweet, cooking chocolate, chopped into small pieces
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped walnut meats, preferably black walnuts
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (2 servings)
547 calories; 24 grams fat; 15 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 7 grams monounsaturated fat; 0 grams polyunsaturated fat; 86 grams carbohydrates; 2 grams dietary fiber; 81 grams sugars; 3 grams protein; 36 milligrams cholesterol; 15 milligrams sodium
Enough frosting for one Bundt cake
- Combine the water, butter and coffee in a small saucepan and let heat until butter is melted and liquid is quite hot.
- Put the chocolate pieces into the container of a food processor and start blending. Gradually add the butter liquid to the chocolate. Add the sugar and process five minutes, stopping the machine occasionally to scrape down the sides of the container with a rubber spatula.
- Let stand 15 to 20 minutes or until thickened. Dribble it evenly over the cake. Sprinkle with nuts.