- ½ large shallot, peeled and minced
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons walnut oil
- ½ teaspoon canola oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 8 cups torn chicory leaves
- 2 warm smoked chicken breasts (see recipe), cut on the diagonal into 1/4-inch-thick strips
- 2 Bosc pears, halved, cored and cut lengthwise into 1/8-inch-thick slices
- ½ cup toasted walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and cut into fine julienne
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (4 servings)
400 calories; 25 grams fat; 3 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 6 grams monounsaturated fat; 13 grams polyunsaturated fat; 22 grams carbohydrates; 6 grams dietary fiber; 11 grams sugars; 22 grams protein; 55 milligrams cholesterol; 240 milligrams sodium
- Combine the shallot and vinegar in a small saucepan over medium heat. Simmer until reduced by a third, about 3 minutes. Whisk in the walnut oil, canola oil, 1/4 teaspoon of salt and pepper.
- Place the chicory in a large bowl and toss with 3 tablespoons of the dressing. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Divide among 4 plates. Arrange the chicken and pears over the chicory. Scatter the walnuts on top and place the carrots in a mound in the center of each plate. Drizzle with the remaining dressing and serve immediately.