- 8 ounces whole onion or 7 ounces chopped ready-cut onion (1 2/3 cups)
- 2 large cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 8 ounces skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 15 or 16-ounce can low-sodium white beans (Great Northern, white kidney)
- ½ jalapeno
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 14 ounce can no-salt-added crushed tomatoes
- 1 ounce red onion to yield 2 tablespoons finely minced
- 10 sprigs cilantro to yield 1 tablespoon chopped
- 1 lime
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 4 tablespoons nonfat yogurt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (2 servings)
720 calories; 15 grams fat; 3 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 6 grams monounsaturated fat; 3 grams polyunsaturated fat; 100 grams carbohydrates; 20 grams dietary fiber; 20 grams sugars; 49 grams protein; 73 milligrams cholesterol; 487 milligrams sodium
- Chop whole onion.
- Heat on high heat nonstick pan large enough to hold all ingredients.
- Mince garlic.
- Reduce heat to medium-high, and add oil; add onion and garlic, and saute until onion begins to brown.
- Wash, dry and cube chicken.
- Rinse and drain beans.
- Add chicken to pan, and brown on both sides.
- Wash, seed and mince jalapeno.
- When chicken is brown, add jalapeno, coriander, cumin, crushed tomatoes and beans. Reduce heat, and simmer while preparing rest of dish.
- Mince red onion; wash, dry and chop cilantro.
- Squeeze half of lime into chili; stir in corn; season with pepper.
- Continue cooking for about five minutes; then, serve with yogurt, lime wedges, chopped red onion and chopped cilantro.