- 1 pound fresh cranberries
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 6 tablespoons Grand Marnier
- ⅔ cup coarsely chopped pecans
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (2 servings)
742 calories; 26 grams fat; 2 grams saturated fat; 14 grams monounsaturated fat; 7 grams polyunsaturated fat; 110 grams carbohydrates; 13 grams dietary fiber; 88 grams sugars; 4 grams protein; 8 milligrams sodium
about 16 1/4-cup servings
- Wash and pick over cranberries for foreign pieces. Combine in heavy saucepan with sugar, water and orange juice. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and cook at a gentle boil until most cranberries have popped. (Don’t wait until all of them pop; otherwise, the cranberries will become too soft.) Remove from heat.
- Stir in Grand Marnier, and chill.
- A couple of hours before serving, stir in the pecans.
- This dish can be made up to a week in advance.