- 2 large red bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ small onion, sliced
- 6 ounces fresh chanterelles, cleaned and sliced
- 4 salmon fillets, 6 ounces each
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (4 servings)
472 calories; 30 grams fat; 6 grams saturated fat; 11 grams monounsaturated fat; 7 grams polyunsaturated fat; 12 grams carbohydrates; 3 grams dietary fiber; 7 grams sugars; 36 grams protein; 93 milligrams cholesterol; 398 milligrams sodium
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Put the peppers in a baking dish and put them in the oven. Roast them for 10 to 12 minutes. The skin will shrivel and begin to blacken in spots. Let the peppers cool in a paper bag. Remove the skin from them then slit the peppers open and remove the stems, seeds and veins.
- Put the peppers in a blender and add the lemon juice, sugar and salt. Blend to a smooth puree. Put the puree in a small saucepan and warm it slightly.
- Heat the oil in a saute pan and add the onion. Cook for one minute, then add the chanterelles, reduce the heat, cover and cook for 10 minutes, adding a little water if needed.
- Grill the salmon fillets or bake them on a lined baking sheet in a 350-degree oven for 12 to 15 minutes.
- When the salmon is done, put some of the red pepper puree in the middle of each plate. Cover the puree with some of the mushrooms, put the salmon fillets on top and serve.