- 3 to 4 quarts of water
- Salt to taste, if desired
- ½ pound fresh mushrooms
- 4 tablespoons butter
- ¾ pound fresh or dried green noodles
- ¼ cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (4 servings)
468 calories; 17 grams fat; 9 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 4 grams monounsaturated fat; 1 gram polyunsaturated fat; 62 grams carbohydrates; 3 grams dietary fiber; 2 grams sugars; 16 grams protein; 106 milligrams cholesterol; 1325 milligrams sodium
- Bring the water to a boil. Add salt to taste. Cover and let simmer until the noodles are ready to cook.
- Slice the mushrooms thin. There should be about two and a half cups.
- Heat one tablespoon of the butter in a saucepan and add the mushrooms. Cook, stirring, until they give up their liquid. Continue cooking until the liquid evaporates.
- Bring the salted water to a full rolling boil. Add the noodles and cook to the desired degree of doneness. Fresh noodles will require from two to four minutes. Dried noodles may require up to eight or nine minutes. Drain thoroughly.
- Put the noodles in a hot serving dish. Add the remaining butter and Parmesan cheese and toss. Add the mushrooms and toss once more. Serve immediately.
About 25 minutes