- 1 ½ pounds lasagne noodles
- 2 cups packed fresh basil leaves
- ¾ cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream
- 5 teaspoons kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 ½ pounds green beans, trimmed
- 2 pounds small red potatoes, thinly sliced
- ¾ cup toasted pine nuts
- ¾ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (6 servings)
1232 calories; 74 grams fat; 22 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 35 grams monounsaturated fat; 11 grams polyunsaturated fat; 117 grams carbohydrates; 10 grams dietary fiber; 10 grams sugars; 30 grams protein; 186 milligrams cholesterol; 2214 milligrams sodium
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Salt the water, add the noodles and cook until al dente. Meanwhile, place the basil and 3/4 cup of olive oil in a food processor and process until combined. Add the cream, 3 teaspoons of salt and pepper and process until smooth. Drain the pasta, rinse and drain well. Place in a large bowl, add the basil cream and toss well. Set aside.
- Blanch the green beans in boiling water until crisp-tender, about 8 minutes. Drain well. Place in a bowl and toss with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, 1 teaspoon of salt and pepper. Set aside. Blanch the potato slices in boiling water until just tender, about 4 minutes. Drain well. Place in a bowl and toss with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, 1 teaspoon of salt and pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Place 1/3 of the noodle mixture in the bottom of a 12-by-3 1/2-inch round clay casserole dish. Top with 1/2 of the green beans and then 1/2 of the potatoes. Sprinkle with 1/3 of the pine nuts and 1/3 of the Parmesan cheese. Repeat the layers. Top with the remaining noodles, then the nuts and Parmesan. (The tian can be prepared a few hours ahead up to this point; bring to room temperature before baking.) Cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake for 1 hour. Serve immediately.
1 hour 35 minutes