- ¼ cup ( 1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- ¾ cup sugar, plus 2 teaspoons
- 1 ½ ripe medium bananas, cut into large chunks
- 1 cup unbleached flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup egg substitute
- 7 large ripe red or black plums,pitted and halved
- ½ lemon
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, or to taste
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (8 servings)
270 calories; 6 grams fat; 3 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 1 gram monounsaturated fat; 0 grams polyunsaturated fat; 54 grams carbohydrates; 2 grams dietary fiber; 30 grams sugars; 2 grams protein; 15 milligrams cholesterol; 57 milligrams sodium
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat the butter, the 3/4 cup sugar and the bananas in an electric mixer until well blended. Beat in the flour, baking powder and egg substitute, also until well blended.
- Spoon the batter into an 8-, 9- or 10-inch ungreased springform pan. Arrange the plum halves, skin side down, on top of batter; sprinkle with the remaining 2 teaspoons of sugar (or more, if plums are very tart), a few squeezes of lemon juice and cinnamon.
- Bake 45 to 60 minutes, until a toothpick in center comes out clean. Remove and cool. Refrigerate or freeze if desired, or serve lukewarm. (To serve a frozen torte, defrost and reheat briefly at 300 degrees.)