- 1 tablespoon softened butter
- 24 slices extra-thin white bread (like Pepperidge Farm)
- 12 ripe cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (24 servings)
87 calories; 1 gram fat; 0 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 0 grams monounsaturated fat; 0 grams polyunsaturated fat; 14 grams carbohydrates; 1 gram dietary fiber; 1 gram sugars; 3 grams protein; 2 milligrams cholesterol; 164 milligrams sodium
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Brush 24 tiny muffin tins (1 1/2 inches in diameter) with the butter.
- Using a 3-inch-diameter biscuit cutter or a glass, cut a circle from the center of each slice of bread. Carefully fit a circle of bread into each muffin tin, pressing it in gently so it covers the bottom and sides.
- Place a tomato half, cut side up, into each muffin tin. Sprinkle with the cheese.
- Place in the oven and bake for 5 minutes or so, until the bread is lightly toasted. Remove the tartlets from the tins. Serve warm.