- 1 pound tiny new potatoes
- 1 pound whole broccoli or 8 ounces ready-cut broccoli florets (3 1/2 to 4 cups)
- 4 ounces whole red onion
- 1 large clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 ½ tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (2 servings)
360 calories; 7 grams fat; 1 gram saturated fat; 2 grams monounsaturated fat; 3 grams polyunsaturated fat; 62 grams carbohydrates; 11 grams dietary fiber; 8 grams sugars; 12 grams protein; 187 milligrams sodium
- Scrub potatoes and place in a large pot; cover with water and bring to boil. Cook 10 to 20 minutes, depending on the size of the potatoes.
- Remove tough stems from whole broccoli. Cut florets into bite-size pieces.
- Mince onion and garlic.
- In a serving bowl large enough to hold the potatoes and broccoli, mix the oil, vinegar, sherry and soy sauce.
- About 5 minutes before potatoes are cooked, add broccoli in a steamer basket to the cooking potatoes and cook until broccoli is tender but still firm.
- Add onion and garlic to dressing.
- When broccoli and potatoes are done, drain. Stir broccoli into dressing. Cut up potatoes into halves or quarters, depending on size, and stir gently into dressing.