- 1 small, ripe honeydew melon, peeled, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch cubes (about 7 cups)
- ½ cup fresh lime juice
- 4 teaspoons seeded and minced jalapenos
- ½ cup plain, nonfat yogurt
- 2 ¼ teaspoons salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- 2 teaspoons water
- ¼ cup chopped fresh mint
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (4 servings)
183 calories; 6 grams fat; 0 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 3 grams monounsaturated fat; 1 gram polyunsaturated fat; 30 grams carbohydrates; 3 grams dietary fiber; 23 grams sugars; 5 grams protein; 0 milligrams cholesterol; 1378 milligrams sodium
- Place the melon, lime juice, jalapenos, yogurt, 2 teaspoons of salt and pepper in a blender and process until smooth. Refrigerate until cold.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Place the almonds in a bowl and toss with the water and then with the remaining salt. Place on a baking sheet and bake until toasted, about 15 minutes. Let cool.
- Divide the soup among 4 bowls. Top with the almonds and mint and serve immediately.