- 1 ½ pounds shrimp (16 to 20 per pound), peeled and deveined, shells reserved
- 5 tablespoons kosher salt
- 3 cups white wine
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 4 sprigs fresh tarragon
- 2 lemons, halved
- Cocktail sauce (see recipe)
- Sauce verte (see recipe)
- Rouille (see recipe)
- In a large pot, combine shrimp shells, 2 quarts water and 3 tablespoons salt. Bring to a boil over high heat, reduce heat to low and simmer 20 minutes. Remove pot from heat, and steep until cool.
- Strain shrimp broth into another large pot, and bring to a boil over high heat. Add wine, peppercorns, coriander seeds, bay leaves, parsley, tarragon and lemons. Boil 2 minutes. Add shrimp, and remove pot from heat. Steep shrimp until they are white, about 3 minutes. Fill a large bowl with water, ice and the 2 remaining tablespoons salt. Transfer shrimp to bowl. Let shrimp cool 3 minutes, then drain well. Refrigerate with a bag of ice on top, until ready to serve.
- To serve, divide shrimp among four plates. Place sauces in individual ramekins on each plate, or in three small bowls to pass at the table.