- ½ cup sugar
- 4 cups pitted fresh or frozen cherries
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped tarragon leaves
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (2 servings)
380 calories; 0 grams fat; 0 grams saturated fat; 0 grams monounsaturated fat; 0 grams polyunsaturated fat; 96 grams carbohydrates; 6 grams dietary fiber; 85 grams sugars; 3 grams protein; 2 milligrams sodium
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar and 13/4 cups water. Bring to a boil and cook until the sugar is dissolved, about 2 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Pass the cherries through a food mill or puree in a food processor and then pass them through a fine-mesh sieve. Discard the solids and place the juice in a large bowl. (You should have about 2 cups.) Whisk in the ginger, tarragon, lemon juice and sugar-water mixture. Freeze in an ice-cream maker according to the manufacturer’s directions.
15 minutes, plus freeze time