- 16 large tiger shrimp (about 1 pound), shelled, deveined and slit length-wise
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons hot chili oil
- 16 thin slices pineapple, each 1 inch by 2 inch
- 8 strips thickly cut smoked bacon, halved crosswise
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (4 servings)
691 calories; 26 grams fat; 8 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 11 grams monounsaturated fat; 4 grams polyunsaturated fat; 88 grams carbohydrates; 9 grams dietary fiber; 66 grams sugars; 33 grams protein; 220 milligrams cholesterol; 525 milligrams sodium
4 first-course servings
- Soak 16 6-inch bamboo skewers in water to cover for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat broiler, or prepare a grill. Toss the shrimp, lime juice and chili oil and allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- Take a shrimp and place a piece of pineapple in the slit. Wrap a piece of bacon around it and secure with a skewer. Repeat with all the shrimp. Broil or grill, turning once, until bacon is crispy and shrimp are cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Serve.