- Kernels from 8 ears of corn
- ¼ pound butter
- 1 large thinly sliced onion
- ½ of a green pepper, finely chopped
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup milk or less
- 1 tablespoon sugar or less
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (8 servings)
264 calories; 14 grams fat; 8 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 3 grams monounsaturated fat; 1 gram polyunsaturated fat; 34 grams carbohydrates; 3 grams dietary fiber; 8 grams sugars; 5 grams protein; 56 milligrams cholesterol; 97 milligrams sodium
- Heat butter in large skillet; saute kernels for 2 minutes.
- Add onion and green pepper and cook over medium-high heat until onion is soft, 5 to 7 minutes. Season with salt, pepper and cayenne.
- Beat yolk with milk and sugar; add to corn; stir and cook 2 or 3 minutes, until mixture thickens slightly.