- 3 ½ to 4 cups cooked wild rice (see recipe)
- 2 cups cooked lobster meat cut into bite-size cubes
- 2 medium-size unblemished avocados
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ cup coarsely, neatly cubed red onion
- 1 tablespoon imported mustard
- 2 ½ tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- ½ cup corn, peanut or vegetable oil
- ½ teaspoon finely minced garlic
- Salt to taste, if desired
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (4 servings)
343 calories; 15 grams fat; 2 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 10 grams monounsaturated fat; 2 grams polyunsaturated fat; 46 grams carbohydrates; 10 grams dietary fiber; 3 grams sugars; 9 grams protein; 58 milligrams sodium
Four to six servings
- Put the rice in a mixing bowl, let cool, and add the lobster.
- Peel the avocados and slice in half. Remove the pits. Cut the avocado into cubes and sprinkle with lemon juice to prevent discoloration. Add the cubes to the mixing bowl. Sprinkle with onion.
- Put the mustard and vinegar in a small mixing bowl and beat lightly with a wire whisk. Gradually add the oil, beating briskly with the whisk. Add the garlic, salt, pepper and parsley. Pour over the salad and toss. Serve at room temperature.