- 1 large cucumber
- 1 small sweet onion to yield 2/3 cup diced in 1/4-inch cubes
- ½ cup sushi vinegar
- ½ cup mirin (sweet rice wine)
- A few sprigs cilantro to yield 1 1/2 tablespoons, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Enough fresh or frozen ginger for 1 teaspoon, finely chopped
- 1 pound salmon fillet
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (3 servings)
403 calories; 20 grams fat; 4 grams saturated fat; 5 grams monounsaturated fat; 5 grams polyunsaturated fat; 9 grams carbohydrates; 0 grams dietary fiber; 3 grams sugars; 32 grams protein; 83 milligrams cholesterol; 97 milligrams sodium
- Scrub the cucumber, but do not peel it. Cut off the ends, and cut the cucumber in half. Seed, and dice into 1/2 inch cubes.
- Chop the onion, and combine all the ingredients except the salmon in a food processor. Process until coarsely pureed. Refrigerate while preparing the salmon.
- Prepare stove-top grill. Grill the salmon, following the Canadian rule: measure at the thickest part and grill 8 to 10 minutes to the inch.
- Serve with the cucumber vinaigrette.