- 1 ⅓ cups water
- 1 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoons black peppercorns
- 2 tablespoons coriander seed
- 1 1/3-inch piece of fresh ginger root, peeled
- 3 cups peeled garlic cloves
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (2 servings)
334 calories; 2 grams fat; 0 grams saturated fat; 0 grams monounsaturated fat; 0 grams polyunsaturated fat; 73 grams carbohydrates; 7 grams dietary fiber; 2 grams sugars; 14 grams protein; 2020 milligrams sodium
- Combine the water, vinegar, salt, peppercorns, coriander seed and ginger root in a sauce pan. Bring to a boil over high heat and then simmer for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Place the garlic in a one quart glass jar and pour the slightly cooled brine over it. Cool to room temperature and cover tightly. Refrigerate for 3 days for a mildly pickled garlic or for up to 10 days for an intensely flavored one. Serve as a condiment with rich meat or as a selection in an assortment of mezes.