- 1 ¼ pounds fresh sour cherries, pitted (1 pound quick-frozen sour cherries may be substituted)
- ½ cup firmly packed lemon verbena leaves
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- ¼ teaspoon ground mace
- ¼ cup not-too-sweet riesling
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 4 pinches mace
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (4 servings)
467 calories; 30 grams fat; 17 grams saturated fat; 8 grams monounsaturated fat; 1 gram polyunsaturated fat; 44 grams carbohydrates; 3 grams dietary fiber; 37 grams sugars; 5 grams protein; 103 milligrams cholesterol; 219 milligrams sodium
- In a large nonreactive bowl, mix cherries, lemon verbena, sugar, mace and wine. Cover tightly, and macerate at least 24 hours.
- Strain and set aside cherries, reserving juice. Remove lemon verbena leaves from strainer, and add to juice.
- Put juice in blender, and blend it fine. Strain through medium strainer, pressing to extract all liquid. Pour juice over cherries, reserving 1/4 cup.
- In small bowl, soften cheese with spatula; slowly stir in reserved juice until mixture is smooth.
- Combine cream and sugar in another bowl, and beat until soft peaks form. Fold cream into mascarpone.
- To serve, divide mascarpone into 4 bowls. Pour cherries and juice over cheese. Top each serving with pinch of mace.