- 2 whole boneless, skinless chicken breasts, split
- 1 tablespoon white peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon New Mexico Chili powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 6 to 7 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- ¼ cup cilantro leaves and stems, finely chopped
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (4 servings)
270 calories; 14 grams fat; 1 gram saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 6 grams monounsaturated fat; 1 gram polyunsaturated fat; 5 grams carbohydrates; 1 gram dietary fiber; 1 gram sugars; 27 grams protein; 86 milligrams cholesterol; 1093 milligrams sodium
- Poke holes in the chicken with the tines of a fork and set aside.
- Toast the white peppercorns, coriander seeds and fennel seeds in a small frying pan over medium heat until they are aromatic, about 2 minutes. Grind the spices in an electric coffee grinder or with a mortar and pestle. In a large bowl, combine the ground spices with the remaining ingredients. Add the chicken and marinate for 1 hour at room temperature or longer in the refrigerator.
- Heat the grill. Remove the chicken from the marinade. Brush the grill with oil. Grill the chicken for 5 minutes. Turn and baste with sauce. Continue to turn and baste, using as much sauce as desired, until the juices run clear when pricked with a knife, about 12 to 15 minutes.
1 hour 20 minutes