- Enough fresh or frozen ginger to yield 1 tablespoon grated
- 1 large clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 16 ounces whole red and yellow peppers or 14 ounces chopped, ready-cut peppers (4 cups)
- 8 ounces skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 2 scallions
- 4 flour tortillas
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (2 servings)
677 calories; 21 grams fat; 4 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 9 grams monounsaturated fat; 5 grams polyunsaturated fat; 83 grams carbohydrates; 8 grams dietary fiber; 12 grams sugars; 36 grams protein; 73 milligrams cholesterol; 1262 milligrams sodium
- Coarsely grate ginger. Mince garlic. Combine ginger and garlic with hoisin sauce, soy sauce, sherry and sesame oil.
- Wash, trim and seed whole peppers; cut into julienne strips. Wash and dry chicken, and cut into 1/4-inch strips. Mix peppers and chicken with marinade, and set aside.
- Wash, trim and chop scallions, wrap two tortillas in aluminum foil and preheat toaster oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat a nonstick pan large enough to hold chicken mixture. When pan is medium-hot, add chicken mixture and stir-fry for a couple of minutes, until chicken is opaque.
- Meanwhile, heat tortillas in the toaster oven for a couple of minutes, until they are warm.
- Reduce heat under chicken to low, cover pan and cook for a couple of minutes longer.
- Place a quarter of the filling on each of two tortillas; sprinkle with a quarter of the scallions.
- Repeat Steps 5 and 6 for remaining two tortillas.