- 12 fresh figs (green or black), peeled
- 1 ⅓ cups Friulian merlot
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh raspberries, if desired, washe
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (4 servings)
190 calories; 0 grams fat; 0 grams saturated fat; 0 grams monounsaturated fat; 0 grams polyunsaturated fat; 34 grams carbohydrates; 4 grams dietary fiber; 28 grams sugars; 1 gram protein; 4 milligrams sodium
- Place figs in saucepan wide enough so each has room to cook without touching. Add wine, sugar and raspberries if using. Cook, covered, over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove figs and place three on each of 4 dessert plates. Cut them in half vertically, and let cool.
- Continue heating sauce until it boils and begins to thicken. When it forms a light syrup, pour over figs and serve.