- 3 pounds tomatoes, peeled and seeded
- 1 cup creme fraiche (if kosher, 1 cup of unflavored soy milk or chicken broth)
- 1 cup basil leaves, julienned
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 medium shallot, minced
- 2 cups quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (4 servings)
524 calories; 20 grams fat; 9 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 5 grams monounsaturated fat; 3 grams polyunsaturated fat; 72 grams carbohydrates; 10 grams dietary fiber; 11 grams sugars; 16 grams protein; 37 milligrams cholesterol; 632 milligrams sodium
- In a food processor, puree the tomatoes and creme fraiche. Transfer to a mixing bowl and use a wooden spoon to beat in all but 2 tablespoons of the basil. Reserve the remaining basil for garnish.
- Melt the butter in a large saute pan over medium heat and saute the shallot until softened, about 2 minutes. Add quinoa and salt and cook, stirring, 2 minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup of the tomato puree at a time to the pan, stirring until the liquid is absorbed. Continue adding the puree until 6 cups have been added.
- Place the quinoa in a serving dish and drizzle the remaining tomato puree around the edge of the bowl. Garnish with the remaining basil.
About 15 minutes