- 8 ounces sushi-quality tuna
- 2 tablespoons minced cilantro
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- ½ teaspoon ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 1 teaspoon safflower oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 grinds black pepper
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- ½ small red onion, sliced paper-thin
- 1 medium cucumber, sliced paper-thin
- 20 large caper berries
- 16 toast points (crusts removed)
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (4 servings)
93 calories; 1 gram fat; 0 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 0 grams monounsaturated fat; 0 grams polyunsaturated fat; 5 grams carbohydrates; 0 grams dietary fiber; 2 grams sugars; 14 grams protein; 22 milligrams cholesterol; 318 milligrams sodium
- Dice the tuna as finely as possible, or put it through a meat grinder using the largest disk. Transfer to a small bowl and add the cilantro, shallot, ginger, oil, salt and pepper. Mix until the ingredients are thoroughly combined. Cover and refrigerate up to 2 hours.
- When ready to serve, mix the lime juice into the tuna. Divide the tuna between 4 small plates, mounding it in the center of the plates. Divide the onion, cucumbers, caper berries and toast points between the plates and serve immediately.