- 3 pounds lamb bones
- 3 cups coarsely chopped leek leaves
- 1 ½ cups coarsely chopped celery
- 4 bay leaves
- 6 whole cloves
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 8 quarts water
- 1 6-ounce can tomato paste
- Salt to taste, if desired
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (14 servings)
5 calories; 0 grams fat; 0 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 0 grams monounsaturated fat; 0 grams polyunsaturated fat; 0 grams carbohydrates; 0 grams dietary fiber; 0 grams sugars; 0 grams protein; 1 milligram cholesterol; 69 milligrams sodium
About three quarts
- Combine all the ingredients, except the tomato paste, in a kettle and bring to the boil.
- Add the tomato paste and salt, and continue cooking about one and one-half hours. Strain the broth and discard the solids. There should be about three quarts of liquid.
1 hour 30 minutes