- 1 cup dry Champagne
- ¼ cup dry sherry
- 3 ounces fresh or canned mousse de foie gras
- 1 sheet puff pastry, well chilled
- 4 (3-inch square) thin slices prosciutto cotto or other delicately flavored ham
- 1 egg yolk, beaten with 1/4 teaspoon water
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (4 servings)
554 calories; 36 grams fat; 10 grams saturated fat; 20 grams monounsaturated fat; 3 grams polyunsaturated fat; 30 grams carbohydrates; 0 grams dietary fiber; 0 grams sugars; 18 grams protein; 63 milligrams cholesterol; 1381 milligrams sodium
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Butter a small baking sheet.
- Scrub truffles with a vegetable brush and put in a small saucepan. Add Champagne and sherry and heat to boiling. Simmer 4 to 6 minutes, until a skewer can be inserted into them. Drain and cool.
- Mash the foie gras with a fork and divide into quarters. Wrap each truffle in one portion.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the puff pastry into a 16-inch square. With a sharp knife, cut pastry into 4 (4-inch) squares.
- Place a slice of ham on each pastry square and top with a prepared truffle. Bring pastry edges up over the truffle and pinch at the top to form a small bundle. Brush with the egg yolk mixture and place on the prepared baking sheet. Bake until pastry is golden brown, about 15 minutes.