- 1 large red pepper
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ tablespoon white wine vinegar
- Sea salt
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (10 servings)
205 calories; 22 grams fat; 1 gram saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 16 grams monounsaturated fat; 3 grams polyunsaturated fat; 1 gram carbohydrates; 0 grams dietary fiber; 0 grams sugars; 0 grams protein; 18 milligrams cholesterol; 79 milligrams sodium
about 1 1/4 cups
- Heat broiler. Place pepper under broiler, and roast until blackened on all sides. Remove, and let cool. Peel away skin and seeds, and discard. Pull pepper into 3 or 4 long pieces and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together egg yolk, mustard, vinegar and a large pinch of salt. Beginning a drop at a time, whisk in oils. As they emulsify, add oils a little faster, in a slow steady stream. When mixture is thick, taste and adjust seasoning. It should be highly seasoned.
- Transfer the mixture to a blender or a food processor, add the pepper and puree. Taste, and adjust the seasoning before serving.