- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- Pinch salt
- Vegetable oil for deep-frying
- 3 ounces sea beans (about 1 cup), trimmed
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (4 servings)
218 calories; 7 grams fat; 0 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 4 grams monounsaturated fat; 1 gram polyunsaturated fat; 31 grams carbohydrates; 3 grams dietary fiber; 0 grams sugars; 7 grams protein; 76 milligrams sodium
- Place 1/2 cup of the flour in a small bowl. In another small bowl, whisk together the remaining flour, cornstarch, turmeric and salt. Stir in enough water, about 3 tablespoons, to create a thin, runny batter.
- In medium saucepan, heat 2 inches of oil to 365 degrees.
- Dredge sea beans in the plain flour, then in the batter, shaking off excess. Deep-fry in batches until beans are golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the fried beans to a plate lined with paper towels to drain before serving.