- 3 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- 2 ½ teaspoons ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¾ cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, at room temperature
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup molasses
- 2 teaspoons white distilled vinegar
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (48 servings)
106 calories; 3 grams fat; 1 gram saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 0 grams monounsaturated fat; 0 grams polyunsaturated fat; 18 grams carbohydrates; 0 grams dietary fiber; 10 grams sugars; 1 gram protein; 15 milligrams cholesterol; 44 milligrams sodium
about 4 dozen cookies
- Heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Mix flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon and cloves in large bowl.
- In large bowl, beat butter with electric mixer at medium speed until smooth and creamy, 1 minute. Gradually beat in sugar. Beat at medium speed until combined, 2 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each. Beat in molasses and vinegar until combined, 1 minute.
- On low speed, beat in flour mixture.
- For each cookie, roll 1 rounded tablespoon dough into ball. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheet. With fork, flatten each, and make cross-hatch pattern.
- Bake in oven 15 to 16 minutes, until slightly browned around edges. Remove cookies to rack to cool.