- 3 pounds beef round or sirloin, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 ¼ cups grated coconut
- 2 ½ teaspoons granulated sugar
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 1 to 2 tablespoons seeded, finely chopped red or green bird chilies (see note)
- 6 wooden or bamboo skewers, soaked in hot water for 10 minutes
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (8 servings)
357 calories; 19 grams fat; 9 grams saturated fat; 6 grams monounsaturated fat; 0 grams polyunsaturated fat; 4 grams carbohydrates; 1 gram dietary fiber; 2 grams sugars; 39 grams protein; 117 milligrams cholesterol; 1197 milligrams sodium
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients, mixing well. Set aside at room temperature to marinate for 15 minutes.
- Preheat the broiler or a grill. Slide the beef cubes onto the skewers, using 4 to 5 cubes per skewer. Press the beef into the marinade to get as much of the coconut as possible to cling to the meat. Grill, turning once, until browned and cooked to the desired doneness, 3 to 6 minutes per side. Serve immediately.