- 1 ½ cups scallions, finely chopped (about one bunch)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups well-flavored chicken stock
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (4 servings)
233 calories; 13 grams fat; 6 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 4 grams monounsaturated fat; 1 gram polyunsaturated fat; 13 grams carbohydrates; 1 gram dietary fiber; 5 grams sugars; 14 grams protein; 122 milligrams cholesterol; 535 milligrams sodium
- In a two-quart saucepan sautee scallions in butter until tender but still bright green. Add chicken stock and simmer for five minutes.
- Beat eggs with water.
- Bring soup to a simmer and stir it with a fork while allowing the egg mixture to dribble into the soup slowly.
- Lower heat, taste for seasoning and serve with grated cheese dusted on top of each portion.