- 4 ripe tomatoes, cored and halved
- Sea salt
- Olive oil
- ½ pound thin green beans
- ½ pound yellow beans
- 1 can (15 1/2 ounces) white beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 ½ tablespoons chopped mint
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 pounds mild lamb sausages
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (4 servings)
886 calories; 60 grams fat; 24 grams saturated fat; 26 grams monounsaturated fat; 5 grams polyunsaturated fat; 36 grams carbohydrates; 10 grams dietary fiber; 5 grams sugars; 48 grams protein; 165 milligrams cholesterol; 1140 milligrams sodium
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. On baking sheet with rim, place tomatoes cut-side up. Season with salt and sprinkle with olive oil. Roast about 3 hours, until lightly caramelized. Cool, then cut each into 4 wedges.
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Cook green beans 4 minutes, until just tender. Remove with slotted spoon, drain and run under very cold water. Repeat with yellow beans, cooking 6 minutes. Pat dry.
- In a large bowl, combine all beans, tomatoes, scallions and mint. Sprinkle with vinegar and 3 tablespoons olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Toss and let sit 1 hour.
- Heat grill to medium. Grill sausages about 10 minutes, turning, until well browned. Serve with salad.