- 2 medium to large eggplants (about 2 1/2 pounds total)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ⅓ cup chopped white onions
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 cup finely chopped white mushrooms
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (4 servings)
145 calories; 7 grams fat; 1 gram saturated fat; 5 grams monounsaturated fat; 0 grams polyunsaturated fat; 19 grams carbohydrates; 9 grams dietary fiber; 10 grams sugars; 3 grams protein; 42 milligrams sodium
4 to 6 servings
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Pierce the eggplants in several places so they won’t explode, place in a greased baking pan and bake until soft, almost to the point of collapse, 35 to 45 minutes. Cut in half, cool for 15 minutes or so and drain the juices. Remove the skin, finely chop the flesh and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onions, garlic and cumin, cover and cook for 3 minutes. Add the mushrooms, cover and cook for 5 minutes. Add the eggplant and salt and pepper to taste. Cook gently for 20 minutes, or until moisture evaporates. Check for seasoning.
1 hour 30 minutes