- ⅓ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Chinese chili paste with garlic (sold in Asian stores)
- 2 teaspoons Japanese soy sauce
- 8 fresh jumbo shrimp, each about 1 1/2 ounces: botan, Santa Barbara or tiger shrimp, shelled and deveined
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 branch broccoli, stem removed, cut in small florets
- 2 tablespoons clarified butter
- 3 ½ ounces enoki mushrooms
- 10 chives cut in 1 1/2-inch pieces
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (3 servings)
206 calories; 9 grams fat; 5 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 2 grams monounsaturated fat; 0 grams polyunsaturated fat; 7 grams carbohydrates; 2 grams dietary fiber; 1 gram sugars; 25 grams protein; 204 milligrams cholesterol; 572 milligrams sodium
3 to 4 servings
- Combine lemon juice, chili paste and soy sauce, and set aside.
- Briefly rinse shrimp in cold water, drain them, and sprinkle with a little salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Have a medium-size bowl of ice water ready. Bring a small pot of water to a boil. Add pinch of salt. Add broccoli, and cook 1 1/2 minutes. Drain, and transfer to ice water. Drain well.
- Place a medium-size skillet over high heat. Add butter. Add shrimp, and sauté, turning once, until shrimp are nearly cooked through and opaque, about 3 minutes. Add lemon juice mixture. Stir-fry briefly. Remove shrimp from pan with a slotted spoon, draining well. Cook liquid in pan over high heat a minute or two, until reduced and slightly thickened. Add broccoli, mushrooms, chives and shrimp. Stir-fry to coat with sauce. Transfer to serving dish and serve.