- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 ounces pancetta
- 1 chicken, cut into serving pieces, or 4 chicken legs, cut in two (or 8 thighs)
- Salt and pepper
- 8 whole garlic cloves, peeled
- ¾ cup white wine or water
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Minced parsley, optional
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (4 servings)
623 calories; 43 grams fat; 12 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 19 grams monounsaturated fat; 8 grams polyunsaturated fat; 4 grams carbohydrates; 0 grams dietary fiber; 1 gram sugars; 45 grams protein; 181 milligrams cholesterol; 259 milligrams sodium
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Put oil in a large skillet, preferably nonstick; turn heat to medium-high. A minute later, add pancetta, and cook, stirring occasionally, about a minute. Add chicken, skin side down, and turn heat to medium. Season with salt and pepper; scatter the garlic in the pan.
- Cook chicken, rotating pieces so they brown evenly. After 10 to 15 minutes, when skin side is brown, turn. Season again. Cook until nicely browned all over and nearly done. Remove to a plate, and put in oven.
- Remove all but 2 tablespoons of fat from pan. Add wine or water; raise heat to high. Cook, stirring occasionally and scraping bottom of pan to loosen browned bits. When sauce is thick and glossy, barely covering bottom of pan, turn off heat, and stir in vinegar. Spoon sauce, pancetta and garlic over chicken, garnish with parsley, and serve.