- 3 cups sugar
- 2 golden pineapples, peeled; one uncored, one cored
- 1 vanilla bean, split and scraped
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 7 mangoes, peeled and pits removed
- Juice of 2 limes
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 5 tablespoons almond flour
- Zest of 1 orange, minced
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 15 basil leaves, finely chopped
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (6 servings)
975 calories; 8 grams fat; 2 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 1 gram monounsaturated fat; 0 grams polyunsaturated fat; 233 grams carbohydrates; 12 grams dietary fiber; 212 grams sugars; 6 grams protein; 10 milligrams cholesterol; 590 milligrams sodium
- Make a simple syrup by whisking the 3 cups of sugar and 2 cups of cold water together, then bringing the mixture to a boil. Reserve in the refrigerator.
- Make the consomme by roughly chopping the uncored pineapple and blending it in a blender with the vanilla bean, 1/2 cup simple syrup (or more to taste) and 1/2 teaspoon salt until thoroughly liquefied. Strain and refrigerate.
- Make the mango sorbet by blending 6 chopped mangoes, the lime juice, 1 cup of simple syrup and 1 teaspoon of salt in a blender until smooth, 2 to 3 minutes, and then straining the mixture and churning it in an ice-cream machine as the manufacturer directs. Keep frozen.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Make the orange cookies by mixing 3/4 cup sugar, the flours and orange zest together in a bowl with a fork and then stirring in first the juice and next the butter. Very thinly spread half the mix on a standard half-sheet Teflon tray and bake until golden. When cool, break into 12 to 18 pieces. Reserve the remaining dough for another use.
- Cut the cored pineapple and the remaining mango into 1/2-inch dice and mix together.
- To serve, place 3 or 4 ounces of consomme in each bowl and 2 or 3 tablespoons of the diced fruit. Place 2 or 3 cookies on the diced fruit and then 2 or 3 scoops of the sorbet. Garnish with the rest of the diced fruit and sprinkle basil on top.
45 minutes, plus freeze time