- 1 ½ pounds jicama, peeled and cut in julienne
- 2 medium-size zucchini, trimmed and cut in julienne
- ½ yellow bell pepper, cored, seeded and cut in fine slivers
- ½ red bell pepper, cored, seeded and cut in fine slivers
- 1 small green bell pepper, cored, seeded and cut in fine slivers
- ½ medium-size sweet onion, sliced thin
- 1 jalapeño chili, sliced thin
- Juice of 3 limes
- ¾ teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (4 servings)
235 calories; 11 grams fat; 1 gram saturated fat; 7 grams monounsaturated fat; 1 gram polyunsaturated fat; 34 grams carbohydrates; 13 grams dietary fiber; 10 grams sugars; 4 grams protein; 408 milligrams sodium
4 to 6 servings
- Place jicama, zucchini, bell peppers, onion and jalapeño in large bowl.
- Mix lime juice with cumin. Beat in olive oil. Pour over jicama mixture, and toss. Season to taste with salt and pepper, and serve.