- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 cup (8 ounces) unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup brown-rice flour
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (60 servings)
62 calories; 4 grams fat; 2 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 1 gram monounsaturated fat; 0 grams polyunsaturated fat; 5 grams carbohydrates; 0 grams dietary fiber; 1 gram sugars; 0 grams protein; 8 milligrams cholesterol; 10 milligrams sodium
About 60 cookies
- Place pecans in heavy skillet over medium heat and cook, stirring, until lightly toasted, about 5 minutes. Remove from pan to cool.
- Cream butter and sugar by hand or in a mixer. Mix salt with rice flour and fold in by hand or on low speed. Fold in the all-purpose flour, pecans and vanilla.
- Divide dough in half. Place each portion on large piece of plastic wrap.Fold long side of wrap over dough and gently roll back and forth to form a log about 12 inches long and 1 1/2 inches in diameter. Repeat with second half. Wrap well in plastic and refrigerate until firm, 1 to 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Remove plastic wrap from dough. With sharp knife, cut dough logs in slices about 1/4 inch thick and place 1 inch apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake until firm and just beginning to color, 35 to 40 minutes. Cool on racks.