- 1 loaf country bread
- 6 tablespoons salted butter
- 7 ounces black truffles, thickly sliced
- French sea salt, like Fleur de Sel de Gruyere, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (6 servings)
366 calories; 13 grams fat; 7 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 3 grams monounsaturated fat; 1 gram polyunsaturated fat; 55 grams carbohydrates; 25 grams dietary fiber; 3 grams sugars; 10 grams protein; 30 milligrams cholesterol; 428 milligrams sodium
4 to 8 servings
- Slice bread lengthwise into 4 long, thin slices. Spread each slice generously with butter on one side.
- Arrange truffles on two pieces of the buttered bread. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper, top with remaining bread and wrap tightly in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 2 days and up to 3.
- Preheat the broiler and run the sandwiches underneath for 1 to 2 minutes on both sides until very lightly browned. Cut into pieces and serve immediately.