- 4 to 6 ripe mangoes, peeled, pitted and chopped, or 4 cups frozen mango, thawed
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon ancho or other mild chili powder, or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne, to taste
- ¼ cup chopped fresh mint leaves, plus a few sprigs, for garnish, optional
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (4 servings)
218 calories; 8 grams fat; 2 grams saturated fat; 1 gram monounsaturated fat; 0 grams polyunsaturated fat; 31 grams carbohydrates; 2 grams dietary fiber; 29 grams sugars; 5 grams protein; 14 milligrams cholesterol; 68 milligrams sodium
- Purée mango in food processor or blender, adding enough milk to let the machine easily do its work. (Work in batches, if necessary.) Add the remaining milk, the yogurt, coconut milk, chili powder and cayenne, and process until smooth. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Transfer soup to bowl and refrigerate 1 hour. Ladle into bowls, garnish and serve.