- ½ cup walnuts
- 1 large clove garlic
- Sea salt
- 4 tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1 ½ pounds fresh flounder fillets
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (4 servings)
369 calories; 29 grams fat; 12 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 6 grams monounsaturated fat; 8 grams polyunsaturated fat; 2 grams carbohydrates; 1 gram dietary fiber; 0 grams sugars; 23 grams protein; 127 milligrams cholesterol; 511 milligrams sodium
- In a mortar and pestle, crush walnuts and garlic together, making a smooth paste. Season lightly with salt.
- Place a small saucepan over medium heat and drop in 2 tablespoons butter. When it foams, add walnut paste and whisk for a minute. Pour in cream and whisk for another minute. Season to taste with salt, remove from heat and cover.
- Place a large nonstick pan over medium heat. Add remaining 2 tablespoons butter. Season fish on both sides with salt. When butter foams, place fillets in pan. Cook until white on edges, then carefully turn (it may take two spatulas, as fish is very delicate). Cook another minute, then transfer fish to a serving platter.
- Put sauce back over medium heat, and whisk in a tablespoon or two of water, just enough to loosen it. When it bubbles on edge, spoon it over fish. Grind pepper over top and serve.