- 2 tablespoons peanut or olive oil
- 2 cod fillets, about 3/4 pound each
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons mirin (or 2 tablespoons honey or sugar)
- 2 tablespoons vinegar (preferably black Chinese vinegar)
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- Black pepper
- 6 cups mesclun, washed and dried
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (4 servings)
273 calories; 14 grams fat; 2 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 5 grams monounsaturated fat; 5 grams polyunsaturated fat; 2 grams carbohydrates; 0 grams dietary fiber; 0 grams sugars; 31 grams protein; 78 milligrams cholesterol; 860 milligrams sodium
- Put a nonstick skillet that can be covered over high heat and add the oil; a minute later, add the fish and cover the pan. Cook for about 3 minutes and, in a separate bowl, combine the soy sauce, mirin, vinegar, sesame oil, about 1/4 teaspoon black pepper and 1/4 cup water.
- Carefully remove the cover and add liquid mixture. Cover again and turn the heat to medium. Cook until cod is done, about 3 minutes more. Turn off heat and let sit for a moment.
- Divide mesclun among 4 plates and top each portion with some fish and dressing. Grind black pepper over all and serve.