- 7 tablespoons turkey fat, left in roasting pan
- 6 tablespoons flour, preferably instant or all-purpose
- ½ cup white wine
- 4 to 5 cups turkey stock or chicken stock
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (2 servings)
714 calories; 51 grams fat; 14 grams saturated fat; 22 grams monounsaturated fat; 11 grams polyunsaturated fat; 38 grams carbohydrates; 0 grams dietary fiber; 8 grams sugars; 16 grams protein; 61 milligrams cholesterol; 774 milligrams sodium
- Pour off all but 7 or so tablespoons turkey fat from the roasting pan, and set the pan on the stovetop over medium heat. Sprinkle the flour over the fat and cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture is golden, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Increase heat to medium high and add a little white wine, whisking as you go to let it reduce. Slowly add stock, stirring constantly, until the mixture is smooth. Cook, continuing to stir, until the gravy has thickened, approximately 8 to 10 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.