- 1 pound button or pickling onions
- ½ to 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 ½ tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon dark (blackstrap) molasses
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (4 servings)
102 calories; 4 grams fat; 2 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 1 gram monounsaturated fat; 0 grams polyunsaturated fat; 14 grams carbohydrates; 2 grams dietary fiber; 8 grams sugars; 1 gram protein; 11 milligrams cholesterol; 255 milligrams sodium
- Bring a saucepan of water to a simmer, and add onions. Simmer for 5 minutes, drain, and rinse with cold water. Drain again. Peel off skins; set aside.
- Using a mortar and pestle or rolling pin, finely crush rosemary; set aside. Place a large skillet over medium-low heat, and add butter. When butter has melted, add rosemary, molasses, mustard and soy sauce. Mix well.
- Add onions, and reduce heat to low. Cook gently, stirring frequently, until glaze has thickened and onions are tender and golden brown, 10 to 15 minutes. Serve hot.