- 2 cups heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate in small pieces
- 1 ¼ cups sifted high-fat Dutch-process cocoa like Valrhona, Pernigotti or Droste (sift, then measure)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (24 servings)
148 calories; 10 grams fat; 6 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 3 grams monounsaturated fat; 0 grams polyunsaturated fat; 15 grams carbohydrates; 1 gram dietary fiber; 12 grams sugars; 1 gram protein; 32 milligrams cholesterol; 34 milligrams sodium
- In medium saucepan, combine cream, butter, sugars and salt. Bring to a simmer over medium-low heat. Simmer 45 seconds. Add chocolate, and whisk to dissolve. Remove from heat, add cocoa, and whisk until no lumps remain.
- Return pan to low heat, and simmer sauce until glossy, whisking constantly, 20 seconds. Remove from heat, and stir in vanilla. Serve warm. To reheat sauce, warm in a saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly. Do not boil.