- 1 ½ cups plain, dry bread crumbs
- 1 ½ cups finely grated Parmesan cheese
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- 2 pinches freshly ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon salt, plus more for seasoning the broth
- 5 large eggs
- 2 quarts capon broth (see recipe)
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (6 servings)
392 calories; 16 grams fat; 7 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 5 grams monounsaturated fat; 2 grams polyunsaturated fat; 31 grams carbohydrates; 1 gram dietary fiber; 7 grams sugars; 27 grams protein; 183 milligrams cholesterol; 1296 milligrams sodium
- In a bowl, whisk together the bread crumbs, cheese, pepper, nutmeg and 1/2 teaspoon salt. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, then stir them into the crumb mixture until just combined. Set aside.
- In a deep, wide soup pot, bring the broth just to a simmer and season with salt. Pass the dough through a potato ricer or passatelli maker into the broth and cook 1 minute. Ladle into bowls.