- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup miso, preferably dark
- ½ cup mirin, sake or white wine
- 1 ½ to 2 pounds black cod fillets (skin may be on or off)
- Nutritional Information
Note: Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available data.
Nutritional analysis per serving (4 servings)
415 calories; 4 grams fat; 0 grams saturated fat; 0 grams trans fat; 0 grams monounsaturated fat; 2 grams polyunsaturated fat; 44 grams carbohydrates; 3 grams dietary fiber; 29 grams sugars; 42 grams protein; 91 milligrams cholesterol; 2780 milligrams sodium
- Heat broiler; set rack 3 to 4 inches from heat source. Combine first three ingredients in a small saucepan and, over low heat, bring almost to a boil, stirring occasionally just until blended; mixture will be fairly thin. Turn off heat.
- Put fillets in an ovenproof baking dish or skillet, preferably nonstick, and spoon half the sauce on top. Broil until sauce bubbles and begins to brown, then spoon remaining amount over fish. Continue to broil, adjusting heat or rack position if sauce or fish is browning too quickly, until fish is just cooked through. Serve immediately.